Thursday, May 3, 2012

Organize Your Summer Activities

Summer is fast approaching!  Not sure about you but the second my kids are together they start fighting!  The easiest way for me to stop the fighting is to keep them going.  Between my son attending ESY and an increase in his therapies, my typical daughter being active in sports and wanting to be in all sorts of camps, and let's not forget about getting together for playdates, summer can fly by in no time.  I'm going to share how we organize our summer activites.  This is the third year I have done this and it helps....believe me.

Step 1 - Get 3 sheets of poster board from your local Dollar Store.  You can buy 2 sheets for $1. 



 
 


Step 2 - Create June, July and August calenders.  Make sure you have a black sharpie marker to make the calendar lines.



Step 3 - I put all 3 months up on the dining room walls with blue painters tape.  I'd show you the roll of tape but the kids used it all up.  Here is a picture my daughter made of me using the blue tape.

 
There you go!  Your entire summer all in one place.  Organizing summer activities this way makes it simple to see where you need to schedule something or if you are available.  If you see a blank day, fill it in!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea, I love being able to see the whole summer at once. I kind of do this during the Holiday months.

    ReplyDelete