Monday, April 30, 2012

Change

It's that time of year when I start to feel it coming.....change.  Everything seems to be changing.  We are currently looking for a new car; well, 'new' to us.  (Never underestimate the value of used cars.)  We are starting to look for a new house so that brings on an avalanche of change in itself.  New school district, kids, classes, etc.  We meet his new BSC this Friday.  Read about our adventures with that here.  His IEP and total reevaluation is coming up, always fun sitting around a table filled with people.  We are considered educated parents and with that comes many, many people who make sure we get what we want or know how to talk us out of it so no one gets the 'S' word.   AND we all know how much fun summer can be with the kids at home all. the. time. fighting and bickering and in our case, attacking the kitchen! 

Usually when there is too much going on I get quiet and go into my own head to reconfigure things.  Let's face it.  I'm a stay at home mom so the home is my responsibility.  My husband has so much going on with work and making sure the bills and financial stuff is in order but I know he will help if I ask.  With all these new things happening so quickly, it's time to re prioritize.  How boring would life be in there weren't lots of changes? 

Luckily, my son pretty much rolls with it.  As long as the basics remain the same he is open for change.  We are fortunate for that.  He is changing too.  He now enjoys movies in the movie theatre as long as he has popcorn and a blue slushy.  Yesterday we went to see the new Pirate movie and no sooner did we sit down when the entire bag of popcorn spilled on the floor.  My husband bought another one....to avoid a meltdown.  Then 10 minutes later the blue slushy ended up all over the floor, again, we bought another one to avoid a total meltdown.  Ah, the things we do for our kids. 

Another new thing for him is speech.  He has been gaining more and more but on Friday I was floored.  My daughter had a play date with another little girl.  My son started playing videos on his iPad and he looked at her and asked, "Hey A, would you like to dance with me?"  I couldn't believe my ears, a 9 word sentence, then I was hoping she would say yes and she did.  Thank Goodness!!  He is growing up and I can definitely see a change in him. 

Change is something else isn't it?  It can mean stress.....like crazy stress but it can also mean good, as in maturing and something is clicking good.    I have faith that things happen for a reason.  So I'm going to look at it as change is good.  Change will happen so I'm going to take a lesson from my son and roll with it. 

1 comment:

  1. Well, that is something wonderful, isn't it? :)

    Bummer on the spilled popcorn and spilled slushie. *sigh* So been there...

    Have fun new car shopping!!

    ReplyDelete