Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How To Make Autism Awareness Pins

With Autism Awareness Day coming closer, I'm going to show you how to make a simple pin to distribute to everyone!!  (If you don't already know how.)

If someone notices my pin or makes a comment, I reach into my bag to give them one and tell them it is for autism.  They are more than happy to put it on asap!  Here are the directions.

#1. Buy some pin backs at your local craft store.  I use the 3/4 pin size.  They come in gold or silver.







#2.  Go to your local $ store and purchase random puzzles.  Preferably with small pieces. 







#3.  Of course you need glue!!  While you are at the craft store, pick some up. 







#4.  Before you know it, you have your very own Autism Awareness Pin!!  Yay!  You did it! 







Now wear it and be proud.  If you see me, I'll be happy to give you one!  Any questions, please leave under comments or e-mail me at grapejellyonpizza@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. OF COURSE I should do this! oh my gosh, thanks for the awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why haven't I thought of this?? Very true what's the harm in asking right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative and nifty idea! These DIY pins are definitely cute! And they are quite useful in promoting Autism awareness. A lot of people are asking why a puzzle piece is used as a sign for Autism awareness. It can mean a lot of things. It may be because this condition is a puzzle waiting to be solved. Nonetheless, the emblem is quite catchy and memorable.

    [Linda Fox]

    ReplyDelete